Thursday, August 2, 2012

August 2 - Best Halfiversary Ever

  Now I'm going to gloss over my mostly humdrum day so that I can get to the good stuff!
Can you tell which is which?  They both look gross!
  I woke up hungry today.  I don't just mean, "Oo brekkie would be nice" hungry, I mean tummy growling nasty mean hungry.  I made it till I was showered and dressed and then breakfast was two wholemeal crumpets, one spread with a little butter and Vegemite and the other spread with Nutella. 
  My hunger continued almost unabated with only minor respite granted by my morning snack, a large granny smith apple, cored and cut into 8 pieces.
Yawn... Though quite tasty.
  Lunch was a toasted sandwich of two slices of Bürgen Soy-Lin bread, a smear of Rosella Reduced-Joule Fruit Chutney, one slice Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese, one small tomato, about 62g of Beechwood smoked leg ham, some baby cos lettuce (added after toasting) and a medium slightly ripe banana.  Work lunches seem to be relatively easy to keep consistent and health.  Routine helps I think.
  Even after all that I still needed a navel orange at half past three for an afternoon snack!
  Dinner was to be a bit of a treat.  Mr Smart came over tonight especially to help me with the furniture ready for tomorrow's delivery of the new couch and mattress so I ordered us an Indian takeaway as he's been pining after my local place's Prawn Malai curry for a few weeks now.  We decided what we were having (Tandoori Chicken, Prawn Malai, Goat Meat Curry, Raita, Pappadums, Saffron Rice and yummy wholemeal Roti) then I rang and ordered and we whiled away the time until it was ready to pick up.
  Now ordinarily Mr Smart would come with me on the short car ride to pick up dinner but tonight he declined and I thought nothing much of it.  He has a lot of reading to do for uni (which he is doing now as I write) so I just figured he wanted to catch a couple of chapters while he could.  Until I got home...
  Knock knock. "Who is it?" laughed Mr Smart from inside the nice warm cosy house.  "It's me" I sing-songed back, laughing.  So the door was opened, in I stepped laden with delicious bounty, was greeted with a hug, "Happy Halfiversary" grinned Mr Smart
and then I spotted this:
That's right ladies.. Wine, Roses, Chocolates AND Lego!
  I was speechless, ecstatic, excited, romanced, giddy and alternating between hugging him madly and going "Oh my god! When did you? How? Oh wow, those are the basil chocs from Shocolate! This is so amazing.  You're the best. Wow" And other such 'speechless' and overwhelmed blurts.  I didn't stop grinning for ages and Mr Smart was very patient waiting for dinner while I photographed everything.
  Once I regained my senses and remembered the food resting in bags on the floor we got down to eating.  I've already listed what we ate, yes I ate too much of it but my blood sugar reading after two hours was still only 7.0 so I was quite pleased with that.
Yes, you can see two glasses of wine; turns out I quite like a glass of Moscato.
  After dinner we spent one last night on the current couch watching The Prestige.  Very enjoyable movie.  A mystery through and through, right to the end.
  So that is it for today.  A wonderful day.
  Happy Halfiversary Mr Smart xo
  Jess

4 comments:

  1. Hey hon - props to Mr Smart - what a gem, and great you finally saw the Prestige! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, and he even did good with small amounts of choc - good man. Gross that they're green though ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Married lady jealous of fluffy romantic gestures!!!!
    But nonetheless.....naaawwww.
    What a cutie pie.
    The lego is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with Liz....but can't really feel bad coz you SOOOOO deserve it!!!!!

      Delete